About background of establishment, objecitves and summary of the association.
Purpose of Establishment
JDLA aim to develop industry competitiveness of Japan by utilizing Deep Learning technology.
JDLA, constructed by expert members and corporate members who has Deep Learning related business as core business, take role in Promotion of the Industry, Human Resource Development , Advising Public and Private Institutions, International Collaboration and Dialogue with Society which are essential for healthy development of Japan industry.
- 1. Promotion of the Industry
- Through events such as conferences or workshops, either by cohosting them, organizing them or sponsoring them, we aim to provide useful information to various industries regarding the application of the technology and its introduction issues and necessary measures that need to be taken. We also aim to set up working groups to deal with issues specific to each field, such as technical issues or legal issues.
- 2. Advising Public and Private Institutions
- We aim to advise public administration as well as the industrial world on the ethical aspect as well as the healthy growth of the industry.
- 3. Human Resource Development
- We aim to train both generalist who understand the business side of deep learning as well as expert deep learning engineers to implement deep learning. We aim to do this by defining the necessary knowledge and skill sets for each role as well as to conduct qualification exams, business certification and to provide training.
Note: JDLA will provide onerous exams. Tuition and contents for training program provided by certified educational providers may vary between operators.
- 4. International Collaboration
- We aim to participate and disseminate information about the ethical, legal and social implications of deep learning by working with organizations both within and outside of Japan.
- 5. Dialogue with Society
- Generally referred to as AI, society currently has unrealistic expectations of what deep learning is currently capable of due to the ambiguity around the technology. We aim to promote a greater understanding of deep learning through the dissemination of accurate information and dialogue with society.
|Chairman||Yutaka Matsuo(Chairman), Professor, Department of Technology Management for Innovation, Graduate School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo|
Takeshi Izaki, Director, Enterprise Division, NVIDIA Corporation
Arisa Ema, Project Assistant Professor, Policy Alternatives Research Institute, The University of Tokyo
Yousuke Okada, Founder, CEO/CTO, ABEJA, Inc.
Takayuki Okatani , Professor, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Tohoku University
Tetsuya Ogata , Professor, Department of Intermedia Art and Science, School of Fundamental Science and Engineering, Waseda University
Takayoshi Kawakami, CEO, IGPI Business Analytics & Intelligence, Inc.
Takafumi Kusano, Representitive Director/ Co-Founder, BrainPad Inc.
Akira Sato, CEO, Connectome.design
Mitsunori Nanno, CTO, FiNC Technologies
Yotaro Watanabe, PKSHA Technology
|Auditor||Eiji Watanabe, Watanabe Accounting Office|
|Establishment||June 1st, 2017|
|Address||Sumitomo Fudosan Onarimon Tower 9F, 1-1-1, Shibakoen, Minato-ku, Tokyo, ZIP:105-0011|