About five major activities of the association.
- Promotion of the Industry
- Through events such as conferences or workshops, either by cohosting them, organizing them or sponsoring them, we aim to provide useful information to various industries regarding the application of the technology and its introduction issues and necessary measures that need to be taken. We also aim to set up working groups to deal with issues specific to each field, such as technical issues or legal issues.
- Advising Public and Private Institutions
- We aim to advise public administration as well as the industrial world on the ethical aspect as well as the healthy growth of the industry.
- 3. Human Resource Development
- We aim to train both generalist who understand the business side of deep learning as well as expert deep learning engineers to implement deep learning. We aim to do this by defining the necessary knowledge and skill sets for each role as well as to conduct qualification exams, business certification and to provide training by JDLA certificed educational providers.
- International Collaboration
- We aim to participate and disseminate information about the ethical, legal and social implications of deep learning by working with organizations both within and outside of Japan.
- Dialogue with Society
- Generally referred to as AI, society currently has unrealistic expectations of what deep learning is currently capable of due to the ambiguity around the technology. We aim to promote a greater understanding of deep learning through the dissemination of accurate information and dialogue with society.